Monday, January 23, 2017

The "F" Bomb

I will start this blog out stating that I am no saint. As a Christian I really do try to watch my language but sometimes a word slips out before I can stop myself. I say all that to say this; I rarely if ever curse on Facebook or in an email and I never use the F bomb in a post, tweet or email.  I gotta wonder....When did this become acceptable?  Why is it that you cannot have a conversation on ANY Facebook page without someone dropping the F bomb?  Have we become so uncivilized that we cannot respect that not everyone wants to hear or read that word?  Or is it that we just don't care. I have joined several pages on Facebook that have a lot of really good information but it never fails that someone has to drop the F bomb in the middle of a perfectly good conversation.  I just don't understand why we, as a society, cannot blog, post or tweet without someone using that word.  Is it a lack of vocabulary?  Is it a lack of respect for the feelings of others?  It is a lack of couth? (Look it up if you don't know what it means) I have to say it is very disappointing this lack of manners and respect that permeates our society today.  I wish I could say it is only men that seem to have this issue but just as many women use that word.  
So to wrap up this blog on manners lets review.  When you are asked a question you don't say "Yeah"  you say something couth like "Yes Ma'am" or "Yes Sir" "Please" and maybe even a "Thank You" would be nice. Think of who will be reading your posts and ask yourself if it will make you look uneducated.  Ask yourself before you speak.......would you kiss your mother with that mouth?  If the answer is no then maybe you shouldn't say it.   




No comments:

Post a Comment

Life sucks!

 So Jon goes to this church weekend thing and comes back an rah rah rah and life is great and why can't we all just be happy and it make...