Thursday, November 17, 2016

So much hate and ugliness in the world....why?

     I saw a video on Facebook last night. It was a few guys in a boat on a lake or river who came upon a dog that someone dumped.  The dog was sitting along the bank tangled in some roots.  He had tape wrapped around his muzzle and the back of his head. The guys were able to get the dog in the boat and cut the tape off his muzzle.  The poor baby was cold and weak from not eating.  God only knows how long the dog had been there before he was found by those good samaritans who saved it. Now why would someone do something like that to a defenseless dog?  Why would anyone think that is acceptable?  I have such a hard time understand the evil and ugliness that is in our world today. Last week I heard of a woman who was saved that was found chained up like a dog in a shipping container in North Carolina.  She had been in that container for 2 months.  They believe her boyfriend was killed and buried on the property.  The guy that owned the property was a registered sex offender and probably a serial killer. They believe there are at least 4 others buried on the property.  
     Now I know there has always been evil in the world but the question I have is this;  is there more evil in the world now or is it that the evil is the same but we are able to hear about it more because of the internet?  We all learned about Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot in high school history but were they the exceptions or were they just an example of our inhumanity?  Are people inherently evil and fight daily to keep it in check or are these just examples of "bad" people?      
     Before I became a Christian I thought Christians were weak.  I wondered why people had to believe in a higher power to be good.  Why do we need God to teach us right from wrong?  I knew right from wrong when I wasn't a Christian.  I knew stealing was wrong,  murder was evil and lying was bad.  Maybe it was just ingrained in me from church when I was little.  I guess there are those in this world who really struggle with this issue and rely on God to keep the on the straight path.  Only God knows the answer.            
     As for me I will continue to believe that God is good, that He is in control, that his word is powerful and we should follow it.   I will try to look at people through his eyes and always look for the best in them.  
        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life sucks!

 So Jon goes to this church weekend thing and comes back an rah rah rah and life is great and why can't we all just be happy and it make...