Monday, November 7, 2016

This holiday season

Last year was the first holiday season without Dad and it was pretty hard on all of us.  I bought a juniper bush for a Christmas tree and planted it in the back yard.  I really didn't want to even do that but we did have the kids here part of the time and I didn't want to deprive them of a tree. We have lost Mom since last Christmas so this year will be doubly bittersweet.  Now that it is almost that time of year again I have decided to celebrate the holiday season like Mom and Dad are still here. I know they wouldn't want us moping around and I refuse to do that again this year.  I am hoping the rest of the family will do the same.  I am also hoping we will be able to have our annual Christmas get-together here at the house this year.  I want to make all the stuff Mom and Dad would have liked with LOTS of desserts.  I want to celebrate the birth of our Lord with family, reminisce about past holidays and make new memories. I want to celebrate life like I know they would want us to do.  This is an invitation to the whole family to come on out to our house in East Texas and lets spend some time together.  Lets share stories and eat some yummies and have a good time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life sucks!

 So Jon goes to this church weekend thing and comes back an rah rah rah and life is great and why can't we all just be happy and it make...