Wednesday, November 9, 2016

We made it through another election

I was so disappointed that Ted Cruz didn't get the nomination and I swore I would not vote for Trump. Well I had to eat crow yesterday because that is what I did.  I literally had tears in my eyes as I pressed the "cast ballot" button on the machine.  It was sad to see those names on the ballot when we had so many good choices in the beginning and ended up with Trump, Clinton, and Johnson. 
Never in my adult life or have I felt so much dread over an election. As I stayed up late looking at the returns on the internet. I was shocked to see Trump win state after state.  I was so convinced that Clinton was going to be our next president and that just filled me with fear and sadness.  Now I am still fearful for my country but  I also have just a tiny bit of hope. How wonderful is it that so many people actually got out and voted yesterday!  I added up just the top 5 and it was close to 125 million votes and that is astounding. It is amazing and sad at the same time that it took the fear of Clinton becoming president to get that many evangelicals out to vote or maybe it is because Trump was the nominee on the right and that is still sad that they put so much faith in someone who is so flawed. Maybe it is about redemption,  is it the hope that a man like Trump might be a good president?  It is hard to say what caused so many to get out and vote yesterday but I am thankful they did.   
Trump has a clean slate and I will be praying that he does the right things for our country.  I hope and pray that he nominates a godly person to fill the vacant supreme court seat like he promised and the others that are expected to become vacant in the next few years.  I hope he follows through on his promise to secure our borders, to keep Americans safe and to help create and economy that will encourage companies to bring back manufacturing from overseas.  I hope and pray that he sticks to his word when he says he is the president of everyone and doesn't use his position to punish those who spoke out against him or didn't support him.  I pray he is the president so many hope he will be.  
God Bless America and God Bless our new president. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life sucks!

 So Jon goes to this church weekend thing and comes back an rah rah rah and life is great and why can't we all just be happy and it make...