Monday, October 10, 2016

Living a simple life

Live life simply is what I aspire to do.  We moved from Cabot Arkansas to Marietta Texas for just that reason.  We wanted to get back to a simple life of working our land and taking care of our livestock and for the most part that is what we do.  Jon works Monday thru Thursday but always gets things done around the farm when it is needed.  I talked him into building some raised beds for our winter garden. The location for our summer garden works well in the summer but just doesn't get enough sunlight to grow in the fall and winter.  After he built them I worried that animals would get into them and destroy everything we planted so he made covers from pvc  pipe and chicken wire that are exactly what we needed to keep the critters out.  I have broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, onions, lettuce and spinach planted so far.  Those are the things we eat a lot of and if I can keep from running to the store as often I would be thrilled. Left to plant are carrots, garlic and maybe turnips.  I don't really love them but they are easier to grow than potatoes and taste almost the same in a soup or stew.  I just have to hold my nose to eat them because they stink, at least I think so.  Anyway that is what is happening on the farm today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life sucks!

 So Jon goes to this church weekend thing and comes back an rah rah rah and life is great and why can't we all just be happy and it make...