Sunday, October 9, 2016

Losing a friendship

I had a really close friend. I won't say her who she was but we were really close.  We talked on the phone just about every day and spent most holidays and birthdays together when I live in Louisiana while Jon was in Japan. Actually I have known her for 30 years. We ran together when we were younger.  We played a lot of pool and hung out at the bars then we both got married and life got in the way.  She had a husband to deal with and so did I.  We didn't talk for about 7 years and then one day she called me out of the blue.  It was like we hadn't even missed those 7 years, we immediately became close again.  I ran my phone bill up talking to her from Japan and didn't even care,  then I screwed it up....bad.  I did something to hurt her and she hasn't been able to forgive me and that makes me incredibly sad.  I know it was my fault and I did apologize but she just couldn't get past it.  It has been 8 years since we have spoken.  When my dad died I really thought that might be the thing that would cause her to forgive me, to realize life is short and then it can be over in the blink of an eye without the opportunity to say "good-bye" or  "I'm sorry" but it didn't change anything.  I find it amazing that I still miss her after all these years and wish I could take back what I did to hurt her.  I have had friends since but not one like her.  We could tell each other anything and talked about everything.  I tell you this with the hope that anyone reading this will cherish those once in a lifetime friendships and to not mess it up like I did.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life sucks!

 So Jon goes to this church weekend thing and comes back an rah rah rah and life is great and why can't we all just be happy and it make...